
Pop goes his hip. Christian is just getting rid of the ball from just outside his box and POW he goes straight down and can't move his body and the game is stopped. Don't worry this isn't a ploy for his team to "waste time". Christian's team is loosing 1-0. So the other team is really appreciating Christian for taking up time. In soccer the ref does not stop the clock for any injuries or timeouts. He does though, add some extra time after the game but it's not usually for the correct amount. The ref decides to move the entire game to another field while we wait for the ambulance to arrive. I tried to convice the paramedics to let me just take him in our van to the hospital but they gave me this..."well, his hip is cracking when I move it, if he somehow severs an artery there you've got a much more severe injury on your hands"...what am I supposed to do. I send him on the ambulance. He can't lift his leg at all. They start an IV right there on the field with some lovely morphine. Kevin Maryott and Mike Anderson gave Christian a priesthood blessing right there on the field. What a great thing we had, not only for the healing but for missionary work.
Here are the correct answers:
Jessica's birthday is March 17
He did get his own birthday right
Jensen's is Dec. 14
Tyler's is Nov. 7
My birthday is in April 1969 the same year that Lance Armstrong went to the moon (on his bike)...what?! you didn't know that?
Naw, not loopy, just not normal...a little less quick on his feet. (literally and figuratively)
The ER dr. told us that he didn't break anything after looking at the xrays and gave us some prescriptions to fill and some crutches. We waited about 6 hours total for us to be told that. Trying to get off the gurney Christian couldn't lift his leg at all, he had to lift it with his own hand or someone assisting him.
When we returned to Provo we took him to an orthopedic dr. who also took an xray of his pelvis which showed both sides and you could totally see the fracture. I could see it. What we realized was that the ER dr. or the xray tech didn't take the picture high enough for them to even diagnose the break correctly. Real big bummer, I'm telling you. They wrapped him and told him to stay off his feet as much as possible for the next 6 weeks. He is able to gingerly walk and he is not using crutches anymore...in fact he is basically back to normal except not kicking a ball anymore. I just hope that he's rested himself enough to let it heal properly. That's what boys do..."oh it feels better (but not completely healed) I can do anything now.........BREAK
Oh yeah...and thanks so much for my dear friend Corin for taking us home, being at the hospital, and adding to the comic relief. I sure love you.
2 comments:
OHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHH, OUCH! Poor Christian!
I think it's amazing you got the actual footage of him going down. I love that you tell him to get up! ;)
Funny video of Christian under meds! I hope he is doing better.
Ah, Christian. I'm so sorry. My heart was pounding like crazy as I watched the video.
Loved the humor in the 2nd video.
Post a Comment