part
We arose to continue our travels to San Francisco, more specifically Oakland to visit Brian's Grandpa Smith. I must say we only spent a few hours with him, just after Easter lunch (March 31) for him and it was the highlight of our trip. We loved hangin with him. He is 94 and soo soo with it. A steel trap he has. And his sense of humor...yeah..we were laughing after almost everything he said. Just such a joy to be around.
Just arrived at the assisted living center in San Lorenzo
Ty went around and took pictures of the framed pictures that he had on his dresser.
2 comments:
You will be so glad you made this trip .... even for just a few hours of visiting. I am so grateful we did our 32 hour drives each summer over the past several years for a 2 hour visit. I miss my Papa - but so grateful for the memories.
Love the pictures! The last picture is wonderful of him!!!
Thanks so much for making the trek to see my dad (Brian's Grandpa). He knew Castro Valley wasn't on your way to your main vacation destination and appreciated your visit. As you learned, you don't have to worry about a lag in conversation with him. I enjoyed seeing your photos in this blog post.
Post a Comment