Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shhhhh...Surprise!!!

For over a month now, my friend Susan and I have been planning a trip to see our boys in Iowa, we just had to convince our husbands to make the looooooong drive in such a short trip. I asked Brian's work if I could steal him away for this weekend and didn't tell Brian until ONE hour before we were leaving. He didn't especially like that spring but went anyway...I didn't tell Jens at all and he was surprised in fact he didn't know how to react when he saw us. It was soooo short but I was so glad to see him. I got my bucket filled of Jensen love. That was the best!!! You've all probably seen the pictures on fb but in case you haven't... here they are.




Be prepared...Jens looks old.



The team right before the game, getting pumped up. This picture show cases the corn fields all surounding the fields. Lovely contrast with the sky, corn field, and grass.

Jens getting a header...look at his great face!

Jens...this is the man picture. He looks old doesn't he?
Jens and the Hancock kids...Elijah, Alivia, Jens, Tysa, and Michelle


Little Alivia LOVES Jens and he her. She would follow him all around, when we went back to their dorm she wanted to go to every corner that Jens was in. Such a sweet little relationship.

At the end of the game I had to have a picture with him on his field.
Little Isaac, Kate, Jens, Alivia.
While Jens was holding Alivia, Levi tackles Jens. It was so much fun.

While at the restaurant they were playing salsa music. We all egged Jens on to demonstrate. Amanda was a willing participant. It was fun to see that too.

After the game we went to a mexican restaurant. Kate asked the servers if they served ice cream for birthdays and told them it was Jens' birthday. Then went back and told them it wasn't but they decided to celebrate it anyway. That is why Jens is wearing the lovely hat. This is the family that took care of Jens while he played in Des Moines for the Menace since middle of June. What a great family! We love you guys!!

We stayed with the Thomas'. Lori and BJ are great cooks, we had a full day of meals and boy is the Iowa corn excellent...It was so comfortable in their home. They live right in Fort Dodge and take care of the boys every Sunday. They come over for dinner and get their laundry done. Such a great family!! I am so greatful for their sweet sacrafice and to look over our boys. A big relief to know they have another mom and dad there. We love you guys!!


Here I am finishing little Violet's gift. Was the perfect opportunity to do that. 32 hours round trip...that's alot of sitting.

7 comments:

miranda said...

ohh... hes so old and cute now. lol. i bet that trip was fun. love you guys!!! :)

ckm said...

Yikes he does look so much older - and handsome as always! WOW! What a fun trip ... next time, stop in and visit us; although, we're not as cute or exciting!

Klin said...

Oh this was wonderful. I wondered what Brian was talking about on his facebook. Now I know.

Jens looks great. That old man shot does make him look older.

When did we shrink? It can't be that our boys have grown taller than us, right?

Smithclan said...

Corin...next time we would totally come visit you and would have if we were travelling by our lonesome...little different when you're the back seat passenger...

Klin, I thought that same thing...he's always been quite a bit shorter than brian but I think that he's grown taller and bulked up more too. I wish he'd stop that!

Smithclan said...

And yes you are just as beutiful as jens... you guys win that one over totally with the lovely girls in that house!!

Phyllis said...

love the cornfields in the background of the soccer game!!!!! Wish I had cornfields around me!

Tori said...

He looks soooooo old!! Where has the time gone!?!?!?